Carpe Diem is a stunning venue, because of its authenticity and rustic charm in a quiet setting. With its unusual ample space, it is ideal for a Bed and Breakfast, Conference Venue or even a Rehab Center.
Carpe Diem is situated in the small town of McGregor, where time stands still and the night sky is dark enough to count the stars. A picturesque fifteen minutes’ drive from Robertson in the Western Cape, it’s off the beaten track and a real break away from the norm, yet close enough to a big town for provisions.
You will find a large rambling thatched roof house,
within walking distance from the town, in old cob building style, old world charm style furniture for a perfect romantic or group get away.
The rooms are large and set apart from each other for ample privacy even if there are 10 people in the one house.
The house has 5 double bedrooms, each with their own on suite bathrooms. (All very private from other rooms)
Two bedrooms have a bath and an outdoor open air shower with hot water, its lovely even in winter.
- Bedroom 1 is close to the kitchen - outdoor shower, separate toilet, bath and fireplace
- Bedroom 2 by the pool has a bath separate toilet, as well as outdoor shower
- Bedroom 3 is close to the front door - good for couples with no kids, it’s a bit removed from the rest, shower basin toilet.
- Separate Guest Loo near the front door Entrance.
- Bedroom 4 is quite large, has a door onto the pool area, has only shower basin toilet.
- Bedroom 5 is large private suite. An alley connects it to the house from the kitchen. It has a huge bath and shower over bath. This room has a Walk in
Closet, and a massive fireplace and double doors leading out onto the Vineyards.
There are two lounges off the Reception room. Lounge 1 is a TV Lounge with Fireplace and Lounge 2 is more of a reading lounge with an enormous Fireplace built in the local stone from the mountain across the road from Carpe Diem.
The Kitchen is brand new, with built in stove and double sink. There is a door leading onto an enclosed
courtyard by the pool for easy entertainment. Off the Kitchen you will find a scullery with ample storage space and another door leading to the double garage and a smaller storage or linen room and laundry facilities.
An enclosed Braai room outside next to the pool, with built-in Barbeque and bar, situated conveniently next to the pool yet with an enclosed courtyard, provide
lots of entertainment space.
Lei-water is provided by the municipality and monthly rates apply.
Sewage – is led to a septic tank which gets pumped weekly by the municipality. This is included in your services bill.
The house is fitted with 2 hot water geysers.
Sensor lights provide extra security as well as a newly installed alarm system which is been monitored by the local security company.
A small Vineyard is established on the property as well as Olive and Fruit trees.